Every entrepreneur dreams of making it big with their amazing product or service. In the past, entrepreneurs’ activities were frequently restricted to their local area with its limited supply of customers.
But with the explosion in the growth of eCommerce sites around the world, both emerging entrepreneurs and seasoned sellers can offer their products, services or subscriptions to their whole country, or even around the entire world.
If you intend on embarking on the eCommerce route, here are some basics to get you started.
What Is eCommerce?
eCommerce is the buying and selling of products and services using the Internet. Platforms for online sales are available on computers, tablets, phones and other smart devices. While some eCommerce is an extension of the business offering of physical stores, it is possible to have a business that operates solely online.
Before You Start
Like any other business, there is a process to follow to facilitate success. These are the building blocks of any solid business venture and include the following:
- Have a business plan
- Research your competition
- Evaluate your product or service to ensure that it meets the highest possible standards
- Secure a reliable supplier or manufacturer for your product
- Name your business and create a logo and brand image
- Create a marketing plan including understanding social media marketing and SEO strategies
Building Your Online Store
To sell your products or services, you will require an online store that your customers will access via your website or app. The critical attributes to bear in mind when designing your online store include:
- Friendly, functional and easy to use
- Engaging and exciting enough to hold the shopper’s attention
- Secure payment portal
- Good performance on all platforms (browser, mobile device, etc.)
- Effective search tools
- Flexibility to expand as your business grows
- Include your brand identity
Starting your own eCommerce business is an exciting but also challenging project. You will find yourself learning many new things in the process. So take advice from the experts and enjoy your journey to a rewarding new endeavour.
Contact Pixelfire today for all your needs for eCommerce in Geelong. We design your website, install payment options, add product categories, configure shipping rules, and ensure everything works perfectly. That leaves you to add your products, promote your website and start selling!