Trying to email large files over the internet is a pain. Each internet service provider has set different size limits on what you can and can’t send. Plus, if you can send a large file, it doesn’t mean the recipient will be able to receive a large file. The best thing you can do is not email large files in the first place. Simply use a free onine service called WeTransfer.
How does WeTransfer work?
- First, put all of your files in a folder.
- Compress / zip that folder to create a .zip file of the folder. (On a PC right click and send to zip file). This creates a compressed zip file of all of the large files in the folder you just made. Save the zipped file to your desktop.
- Now, open a browser and go to wetransfer.com You’ll see this page. Click Take me to free version.
- On the next page agree to the terms.
- Add the zipped file and complete the details required.
- Click Transfer and your done.
- WeTransfer will then upload your large zip file to their server.
- Once it is uploaded WeTransfer will send the recipient an email with a link to download the file from their server.
- Files are automatically deleted after 5 days.
Using this method is much quicker than emailing images one by one and won’t overload your mailbox or your recipients.