Are you looking to build a website for your business? Are you wondering why you should hire a web design agency to build a customized website instead of buying a website template?
The answer to that question is not simple. It’s important to consider the pros and cons of each option before you make a decision.
In this post, we compare each of these options to help you make an informed business decision.
Pros and Cons of Using a Template for Websites
The easiest way to build a website is to install WordPress and use a pre-designed template from Elegant Themes, Template monster, or ThemeForest. Then there are website builders like Weebly and Wix that help you build your own website using drag and drop features.
Sure, you could build a website quickly using these services. However, there are limits in terms of features and functionality.
- Template websites can be built quickly.
- They are cheaper to build.
- You can build a template website without any technical knowledge.
- Many other businesses could be using the same template, making it difficult for you to stand apart.
- With templates, you are limited by features and functionality, and customization you can achieve.
- Templates might not work on all browsers.
- Some templates might not be SEO friendly.
- You may not have access to the best support and customer service as compared to a customized website.
- Security could be a concern.
Pros and Cons of Custom Designed Websites
Custom websites have the backing of a team of web design professionals with years of experience. The process begins with a consultation where the web design agency seeks to understand your target audience, what you want your website to achieve, and your goals.
SEO plays a crucial part in the success of a business website. There are many aspects to consider when building a website and not every theme can cater to all of these aspects. Your web design agency will optimize your website for SEO and conversions during the development process and build a site that helps achieve the results you want.
That’s why custom websites are far more superior.
- You get a bespoke website that’s built around your brand and business goals.
- A custom website is built to suit your company’s requirements.
- The website is optimized for search engines and conversions.
- The site is tested to work across all devices and browsers.
- Building a custom website is a time-intensive process and hence costs more than a template.
- Your custom website is capable of growing with your business.
- Your web design agency will be at hand to provide support should you need it.
- There are no limits on functionality and features.
- Your custom website can be updated constantly, thereby ensuring a high level of security for your website.
Hire Pixelfire to Build Your Custom Website
We give a full-service of web design in Geelong. We specialize in website design, eCommerce web design, SEO, Google AdWords management, web hosting, and maintenance.
We have worked with small and medium businesses across Australia to build stunning websites that deliver results. Contact us today for a free consultation.