Generally it’s not possible to upload images to Instagram from your computer. Instagram has been created in such a way that you upload images from your mobile phone.
Why would you want to upload images to Instagram from your computer?
For marketing reasons you may want to create an image that includes Photoshop work, graphic design and a call to action. An image like this will most likely be created on your computer. To save time transferring this image to your mobile phone, it is possible to upload to Instagram directly following the instructions below.
First, prepare the images you want to upload.
Size: 800px by 800px.
- Using the Google Chrome browser on your computer visit https://www.instagram.com/
- Click the Login link.
- Login with your account details.
- Once logged in Control click the 3 dots top right / More Tools / Developer Tools.
- Refresh the page to access the toolbar.
- Click the upload button.
- Select the image you wish to upload.
- Click Next.
- Write a caption.
- Add a location.
- Click Share.
Images uploaded to Instagram are automatically updated on your website Instagram feed. It may take a couple of hours for that to happen depending on your cache settings in your Instagram feed plugin.